GEN TEFL 2020 RESCHEDULED
As the World Health Organisation declared a global pandemic and every country is now becoming strict on implementing safety measures due to COVID-19, GEN TEFL decided to reschedule the date of the 5th GEN TEFL International Conference to 1 – 2 May 2021. The well-being and safety of all GEN TEFL participants is our most extreme concern.
All registered and confirmed participants and presenters will be automatically included in the program for Vietnam on 1 - 2 May 2021 at no additional cost. The place and venue for the conference will remain unchanged. We hope that with this delay, more participants will be able to join us next year.
We believe that there's a light at the end of this unprecedented situation. While preparing for GEN TEFL 2021, please stay safe.
The GEN TEFL Executive Committee
Asst. Prof. Ricson Ricardo Lecturer STI College
Asst. Prof. Joel Soriano Lecturer Pines City Colleges
Dr. Chinibeth Borja Lecturer King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
Dr. Fortunato Bacus Jr. Teacher Deped-Tupi National High School
Miss Nhan Vuong Lecturer University of Languages and International Studies VNU
Mr. Nigel Bragg Lecturer Eastern International University
Mr. Wilmar Baclaan Teacher Deped REgion XII - Division of Sultan Kudarat
Mr. Wilbert Venzon Teacher New Cabalan Senior High School
Mrs. Lily Rose Rafaila Asst. Principal DepEd South Cotabato
Ms. Van Than Lai Lecturer Vietnam National University-Hanoi
Liezel Mae Dignadice
Vance Ace Maido
Mr. Tino Pandoma - Adviser
Jade Marie Conejar
Charlene Joy Sale
Lee Rowuan Jomocan
Ms. Lea P. Tenozo - Adviser
Ephraim Carl Omanio
Ms. Xcerielle Rheena L. Lasmarias - Adviser
Erina Hunt, Senior Teacher and Project Manager Online Blended Learning Programmes at University of
Otago Language Centre and Foundation Year, New Zealand
The 5th GEN TEFL International Conference is originally rescheduled to be held in 2020 but due to COVID19 we moved it to year 2021. We welcome proposals on all aspects of TEFL with special emphasis on ELT as an Instrument for Cross - Disciplinary Studies. We will not only present a range of studies exploring English language teaching approaches, methodologies, technologies and common practices but work together and develop sustainable professional networks focused on the long term advancement of ELT related research and knowledge.
Modes of Presentation:
1) Paper Presentation (research, theory, concept, and practice based papers) - 20 minutes
2) Workshop/ Demonstration (interactive sessions) – 30 minutes
3) Poster Session – 1 hour
4) Junior Presentations - 20 minutes
• Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words. Please clearly summarise important findings of the paper, and include
objectives, methods and major results. Please add keywords.
• Submit also a bio-statement of about 100 words. Include full name and affiliation.
• Each participant is allowed to present one (1) paper only.
• All proposals shall be reviewed. Authors will be informed by email if their abstracts have been selected for
presentation within two to three weeks after submission.
• Submit your abstracts to the link on our website.
• All accepted abstracts will be considered for the GEN TEFL Journal Vol. 6 publication. Submit your full paper by
30 May 2021 for a doubled blind and editorial board review.
Early bird Regular On-site
Full Members (present proof)) 200 USD 250 USD
Affiliate/Associate Members 230 USD 280 USD
Non Members 250 USD 300 USD 350 USD
Vietnam based participants 150 USD 200 USD
Junior Members 100 USD 150 USD
Coaches/Advisers 100 USD 150 USD
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Deadline for abstract submission: 15 December 2020
• Early Bird Registration: Now - 30 November 2020
• Regular Registration: 1 December 2020 – 15 April 2021
• Reception Dinner: 1 May 2021
• Conference Date: 1 -2 May 2020
• City Tour: 3 May 2021
• Full Paper Submission deadline: 15 June 2021
• Publication Date: December 2021